Sunday, May 16, 2010

WOW!!

Will have photos sometime soon of the lovely lambs I found down at Stephen's farm. The list of the best:

Twin Ag gulmogets sired by Wintertime Forrest and out of Sheltrgpines Isidora(North Wind Holiday daughter)--musket ewe and grey ram. Both with perfect, elegant, typey looks and marvelous personalities. Full of fun. Wintertime Isabella & Wintertime Fedora.

Moorit krunet polled ram sired by Wintertime Forrest and out of Winter Sky Khaya. Just perfection from head to tail. My Tennyson replacement. Now to find the perfect name.

Moorit gulmoget ram lamb with lovely horns developing. Sired by Wintertime Forrest and out of Winter Sky Ani. He may be for sale. Once again the build is all there...solid elegance with a lovely tail and typey head.

Forrest will be in a breeding pen again this fall as we are finding the right crosses produce some of the best lambs I've seen for type, style and fleece. He is aging beautifully. One would never imagine he was so gawky, leggy and dog-fleeced as a lamb. Sometimes one must be patient to find the gems.

I traded Raggedy Ann's daughter for a really typey black yearling Shetland ewe for Meghan's flock that is sired by Bono Creek Caper. He was a fawn katmoget ram I had briefly for a winter. I thought he had perfect type and a beautiful fleece but never had the opportunity to use him in the flock. Because I forgot to read the fine print and bring my own pen to the fiber festival on Saturday I made a new connection with a small Shetland breeder and found this ewe and some other lines I thought were lost. Fate steps in. Thanks Dan.


No comments: