Tuesday, November 3, 2009

TENNYSON'S GRANDSON

Tennyson caught his one intact horn on a manger overnight and wasn't in good shape when I found him Friday morning. I freed him and got him moving around and eating with his ewes out in the field, but when we came home from town later that day he was dead by the pasture gate. Since I didn't know if he'd bred any or all of his ewes I put Buster II(Tennyson's polled three year old grandson)in with the group. He bred Foxtrot yesterday and is following Breathe around today. Below is a side sample from his third fleece. He seems to be following in his illustrious sire's footsteps when it comes to crimpy/fine fleece.


5 comments:

Juliann said...

Karen I'm sorry to hear about Tennyson. I hate it when stuff like that happens! At least you have his genetics. Sorry again. :(

Spinners End Farm said...

Oh no, not Tennyson! I'm so sorry Karen.

Laura said...

Oh too bad about your ram! I'm really sorry for you. Hopefully his son does a good job!

stephen rouse said...

Wow...his grandson looks really great! :-)

Krystal said...

I'm sorry to hear about Tennyson, Karen. I was wondering if you could e-mail me again, I lost your when I got out of the military. sevenkrystals@hotmail.com
Thank you,
Krystal Mitchell
Realm of the Woods Ranch